Rapid Assessment Annex
This annex focuses on the courses of action that IHEs will implement when it is
notified of or becomes aware of an occurring or impending emergency situation.
The planning team should consider the following when developing its goals, objectives,
and courses of action:
- How to immediately gather information to determine the type and scale of the incident
- How to determine an appropriate response
- How to determine which annexes should be implemented
- How the institution will take immediate action to protect life and property
- Whether goals, objects, and courses of action are consistent with the requirements
of the Clery Act
The IHE’s response team lead (Incident Commander) has responsibility for the management
of all emergency activities, including development, implementation, and review of
strategic decisions. These actions and decisions are made in concert and in consultation
with other community response partners and leaders as applicable.